Wednesday 8 May 2013

Near fail experience

Just the other day I was blogging about my severe fruit juice addiction. Instead typical juice, just for a change I succumbed to รก strawberry smoothie, when I saw that I just missed my MRT (AKA Singapore Mass Rapid Transit AKA metro AKA subway for all you UK English illiterates out there) connection home. I would have to wait full 6 minutes (which is a very long interval) for the next train. Thus I rewarded myself with a manly pink drink to pass the time. 

I walked intentionally slowly to the MRT station. At the station I was loudly slurping my smoothie while the platform started packing up with people. Soon I realised that there were no trash cans in sight - which there are typically plenty in this city. I was aiming on finishing my drink before the train arrived, since it is not allowed to eat or drink anything in the train.

I never found a trash can, but I did spot your typical big no-no sign saying that you can also get charged a nominal fee of 1000 dollars if caught eating or drinking at the platform! I felt so certain that they'll absolutely make an example out of the ignorant ang mo gurgling his pink smoothie if someone as much as notices me, that I did the only sensible thing imaginable: I quickly hid the remainder of the drink into my work suitcase. Smoothie costing 1003 dollars might have actually cured me of my addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment