Thursday 19 February 2015

Sheep, goat, ram or whatever

Surprise entry to this blog after I have already couple of times indicated that this is the end of all things.

While shopping for pure cultivated coffee beans and some local retro sneakers in order to earn some hipster credibility, I stumbled into the middle of Chinese New Year celebrations in the center of Helsinki yesterday. They actually had fireworks and dragon dances, so it felt pretty authentic. Didn't spot any lions peeling oranges though, but close enough. Thus I would like to wish happy year of the sheep and/or goat and/or ram to all readers still out there. Apparently Year of the is vehemently (yet another word picked up into active vocabulary during the 2 years) refusing to settle into one single straight forward translation, but can actually refer to different animals. Thus, we need google to the rescue!




PS. a restaurant called Singapore was just recently reopened just across the street. Now I know where I can get my black pepper chicken fix, even if this still leaves me craving for chili crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment