Tuesday 30 September 2014

Farewell to Farewells

I truly feel that I have been a valued member of the work community. Today marked the final set of  farewell parties. Thus the total breakdown of various farewell parties is as follows:
  • One more formal farewell event with cake and cards and everything
  • Two after work beer events
  • Two separate dinners arranged by different sets of colleagues
  • Three separate farewell lunches once again with separate colleagues both within and outside my own department
  • Two ad hoc farewell coffee sessions 
  • One farewell ice cream session

Now, if for whatever reason I was not allowed to leave the country tonight at the airport (bear in mind that I had to return my Employment Pass back to Ministry of Manpower earlier today and officially I'm no more a legal alien),  I would not dare to show my face in the office tomorrow. I would probably just hide somewhere, change my instant messenger location to Finland and work from 2 PM to 10 pm just to fool everybody.

UPDATE: I did actually also throw so called house-colding party for few selected colleagues to help me get rid of beer and souvenir vodka, which my company did not agree to ship in a container for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment