Tuesday 31 December 2013

17 999 teenagers and me

My brother urged me to join New Year's celebration in the self proclaimed Asia's largest beach countdown party. Apparently it is not possible everywhere in the world to dance the final night of the previous year away on a sandy beach with warm sea wind caressing your hair. Before I know it, I will be once again freezing my fingers numb trying to lit any fireworks during upcoming New Years Eves in sub zero temperatures.

I felt somewhat awkward to go there by myself, but I am glad I did. Just witnessing the masses of people having fun and sharing positive energy was an experience to enjoy. Furthermore, I feel proud saying that I didn't come home until 3 AM (did not have the stamina to stay until 6 AM, when the party ended, but still pretty good achievement for me).

The thing that keeps on surprising me is how well these people behave. Even drunk teenagers are being polite, picking up their trash and not starting any fights. Seriously, the government must be putting something in the tap water (which by the way is arguably the most purified tap water in the world -- I like the way they say it: it is not claimed to be the cleanest, but just having the most advanced technology to clean it).

Video has been done automagically by Google from video clips and photos I took at the party.
Pretty cool feature, huh?

1 comment:

  1. But video resolution has gone missing in the process... apologies...

    ReplyDelete