Sunday 7 October 2012

First day @ office

Even though 5 hour time difference did not mess up my head too badly, in the morning did not feel adventurous enough to start finding my way to office with public transportation, but jumped into a taxi. The hotel I ended up in is located far away from everything else but my office -- still it takes 15 minutes with a taxi to get there. Taxis are relatively cheap mode of transportation compared to the way things are at dear old home country. However expect to get myself orientated around public transportation the soonest.


Realized pretty quickly that with wearing a suit I was way overdressed. Not only doesn't the local business attire expect a jacket but also it’s unbearably hot outside with a jacket on. Inside I could do with a jacket actually because the aircon is tuned all the way up to a setting resembeling the weather during mid-winter in Finland.

As part of a major global company, there is a process (or typically several) for everything, including for relocation. There were number of colleagues from HR department running me through different forms and practicalities. By the looks of it, I'm hardly the first one to go through these activities.

As for the actual work activities, the relocation practicalities have been fortunately taken into account. Therefore, for the first 2 weeks I will be having the needed freedom to run on different errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment