Sunday 31 August 2014

The end is nigh

My days are numbered. Twenty three months already done, only one more month to go and then it is all over. I booked one way trip back to Helsinki feeling pretty sad about it. I would have not have minded to continue for another year, which was an option on the table, but my family insisted on following the original plan A. 

October is pretty much the most miserable season to venture back into Finland. It is wet, dark and cold. When the snow comes, typically in December, then at least it is not as dark anymore due to snow reflecting some light. Also when it starts to be seriously cold outside people finally start to dress properly in their winter clothing. Until then folks go freezing in their half warm autumn wear.
I guess I have to shake these feelings away by going to the pool to read my book and recharge some of those vitamin D operated biological batteries while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment