Thursday 1 November 2012

Day in the life of a Singaporean

To mark the occasion of having lived one full month in Singapore I would like to share a YouTube clip which epitomizes a wealth of Singaporean behaviours such as

  • Commuting
  • Pushing into public transport without letting others come out first (example of Kiasu)
  • Working
  • Reserving a place in a food court with packet of tissues (I wonder if it is up to me to teach these folks  that the system would actually work better for everybody if no one reserved a place, but seats would be filled with FCFS-basis)
  • Visiting a mall just to get cooled off
  • Hunting for sales & promotions
  • And all of these presented in completely understandable Singlish (at least with some help from captioning)


I haven't forgot my promise to blog about nasty native fauna, but I have yet failed to take a picture of my beasty room mate (jpeg or it didn't happen, right). 

No comments:

Post a Comment